30.1.14

little songs about raindrops


While the rest of the US and parts of Canada are suffering severe cold and ample snow, we here on the west coast are in the midst of an alarming drought.  Blue skies and moderate weather might sound enviable, however the situation in California is looking rather dire.  Rainfall has been low over the past few years and this year things are much worse.  We had a bit of rain in November and then the rain-faucet abruptly shut off.  Given that it only rains in California from November through April, the water situation is looking desperate, with water-rationing and brush-fires in our future.



In celebration of the rain we had this morning (and more in the forecast over the weekend... hooray!) I thought I'd share this little stop-motion animation with you.  I hope you like it as much as I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)